IA Panupand Vijjuprabha is organising an open chess tournament over 4 days in October at the Assumption Association. There is no charge for the tournament, but there is a 100 Baht fee to cover the costs for the FIDE rating. First prize is 10,000 Baht
- This is a 7-Round Swiss System FIDE rated tournament open to players.
- No entry fee shall be collected. However, a FIDE Fee of Baht 100.00 per person will be charged per player.
- This is an Open Chess Tournament, as such, everyone can enter, foreigners included.
- Each player is accorded with a time control of 90 minutes plus 30 seconds per move, starting from move 1.
- Walkover time is 1 hour after the start of each round.
- Results will be sent to FIDE for rating calculations.
- Players must record the moves and hand over the score sheets to the Arbiters at the end of each round. In the case of draw, the player with white shall hand deliver the score sheets to the arbiters.
- No electronics equipment of any kind is allowed to be brought into the playing area. Players however may deposit their mobile phones/electronics equipment with the Arbiters at their own risks.
- Any player who misses any round of play without notifying the Chief Arbiter will not be paired in the following rounds, and may be considered to have withdrawn from the tournament, unless he/she notifies the Chief Arbiter at least 1 hour before the start of the next round (s).
- FIDE (World Chess Federation) rules and regulations shall apply.
- In case of dispute, the Chief Arbiter’s decision is final.
- The Organizer reserves the right to adjust the prize money and other prizes as well as other tournament regulations according to the circumstances and suitability.
Date and Venue
The tournament starts on Thursday 15th October 2015 at 8.30 hours onwards and ends on 18th October 2015 at around 20.00 hours. The venue is at Assumption Association, Rama IV Road, Phra Khanong, Bangkok. Map of the Association is herewith attached.
|Thursday 15||13:00||Registration – Opening Ceremony|
|Friday 16||09:30||Round 2|
|Saturday 17||09:30||Round 4|
|Sunday 18||09:30||Round 6|
|Winner||฿10,000 plus trophy and certificate|
|2nd||฿8,000 plus certificate|
|3rd||฿5,000 plus certificate|
|4th||฿3,000 plus certificate|
|5th||฿2,000 plus certificate|
- Chief Arbiter: IA Panupand Vijjuprabha
- Arbiter: NA Prakan Klubwong
Registration form: click here
Alternatively, application form can also be faxed to Assumption Association at 02 390 -5417, 02-235-7321.
Enquiries can be made by phone at 085 998 4999, or 02 390 1062-3 (Assumption Association).