The Brunei Chess Federation (BCF) is pleased to invite chess players from all federation to participate in the Brunei Campomanes Memorial Grandmaster Open 2012 from the 7th April 2012 (Arrival) to the 12th April 2012 (Departure). The organising committee for this tournament is the Brunei Chess Federation in collaboration with FIDE (World Chess Federation) and the Ministry of Culture and Sports of Brunei Darussalam.
The tournament will be held at the Orchid Garden Hotel, Jalan Berakas, Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam.
The Prize Fund is 10,000 US Dollars. Entry fees are as follows:
- No registration fee for chess players with international titles GM, IM, WGM and WIM
- For chess players with ELO rating 2400-2499 — 50 US dollars,
- For chess players with ELO rating 2300-2399 — 75 US dollars,
- For chess players with ELO rating 2200-2299 — 100 US dollars,
- For chess players with a rating below 2200 and unrated players — 125 US dollars,
- 50% discount are provided for veterans above 50 and students U16.
- Entry fee for BCF members are 50 US dollars.
The deadline for registration is 24th March 2012. After this, a late registration penalty of 50% will be added. However, organizers reserve the right to refuse or decline late registrations.
Interested players can REGISTER into the tournament by contacting the BCF General Secretary, Mr Leong Voon Choon via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tournament Director, Pg Abd Rahman PLW Yussof via email: email@example.com
Special rates between the Brunei Chess Federation and specific hotels in Brunei Darussalam have been organized. Interested players can contact the organizers to acquire further details. Below are examples:
- Orchid Garden Hotel **** (Venue)
- Brunei Hotel***
- Brunei Terrace***
- Pusat Belia Youth Hostel
- The tournament will be played according to the Swiss System of 9 rounds.
- Rate of play will be 90 minutes for the whole game + 30 seconds increment for every move played starting from the first move.
- The latest rules and regulations of FIDE shall apply.
Download the full details here