Missing Pattaya? Here’s your chance! The inaugural Pattaya Open will take place this October at the Bay Beach Resort. The format is based on the Bangkok Chess Club’s international open tournament, although we are not involved in the organisation.
Please note: this is not a Bangkok Chess Club event. More details and registration are available at www.101chessacademy.com
- This is an individual tournament, open to all players with FIDE ID number. If you do not have Fide ID number, please contact your country’s Rating Officer. Players with no FIDE ID No. will not be eligible to play in this tournament.
- There are two groups of play: Open category for all players, and Amateur category for players rated below 2100 or unrated (ratings based on October 2018 FIDE rating list). When registering, players must indicate in which group they wish to play.
- FIDE (World Chess Federation) rules and regulations shall apply. Results will be sent for FIDE rating calculations.
- Both groups will be played using the Swiss System, with 9 rounds for Open and 7 rounds for Amateur. For the pairings, the Swiss Manager program will be used.
- The matches shall be conducted according to the schedule, which will be made known to the respective players before the start of the tournament.
- Each player is accorded with a time control of 90 minutes for the game. In addition there is 30 seconds increment per move, starting from the move 1.
- Five minutes before the games start, the Chief Arbiter shall make the announcement accordingly. If any player is not present within half an hour after the game is started, he/she shall lose by default.
- Players are not allowed to bring mobile phones or other electronic devices into the tournament hall, any violation shall result in loss of game. Organizer will provide deposit point outside playing hall, where player can leave their mobile devices at their own risk.
- Officials and players must be smartly attired at all times while in the playing hall.
- The Organizer reserves the right to make changes to these Regulations by notifying the players at the technical meeting. All player must attend the technical meeting.
Tournament Program – Open
|Wednesday, 24 Oct||12:00|
Player list published
|Thursday, 25 Oct||09:00|
|Friday, 26 Oct||15:30||Round 4|
|Saturday, 27 Oct||11:00||Round 5|
|Sunday, 28 Oct||11:00||Round 6|
|Monday, 29 Oct||14:00||Round 7|
|Tuesday, 30 Oct||09:00||Round 8|
|Wednesday, 31 Oc||09:00|
Tournament Program – Amateur
|Thursday, 25 Oct||12:00|
Player list published
|Friday, 26 Oct||15:30||Round 2|
|Saturday, 27 Oct||11:00||Round 3|
|Sunday, 28 Oct||11:00||Round 4|
|Monday, 29 Oct||14:00||Round 5|
|Tuesday, 30 October||14:00||Round 6|
|Wednesday, 31 October||09:00|
Tournament Programme – Blitz
|Saturday, 27 Oct||16:00|
|Sunday, 28 Oct||18:00||Blitz Final|
*Entry fee for the Open Blitz Tournament is 200 Baht (GMs free). 1st Prize 5,000 Baht, 2nd 3,000 Baht and 3rd 2,000 Baht.
- Open Group: 1st prize 60,000 Baht, with additional prizes for 2-10 ranks and 5 best Thai players
- Amateur Group: 1st prize 10,000 Baht, with additional prizes for 2-5 ranks
- Certificates for 3 Best Juniors, Best Lady and Best Senior Player in both categories.
Please note: Under Thai law, 5% tax shell be deducted from prize money. All prizes are in Thai Baht.
- Chief Arbiter: IA Patcharawee Brahmawong (Thailand).
- In the event of dispute, player may submit an appeal to the Chief Arbiter by depositing a sum of Baht 3,000.00 (100.00USD) to the Chief Arbiter, who will in turn pass it to the Appeals Committee a decision. Appeals Committee’s decision is final Deposit shall be returned if the appeal is successful. An appeal must be submitted to the Chief Arbiter within 30 minutes after the game is finished. Appeal Committee will be appointed at the Technical Meeting.
The tournament will be held in the Bay Beach Resort
- Address: Pattaya, Banglamung, Chon Buri, Thailand.
- Telephone: +66 (0)32 232 464.
- Website: www.baybeachresortpattaya.com
Players are not required to stay at the Official Hotel, Bay Beach Resort, but special rates are offered:
Room, including breakfast (single/twin) :
- Deluxe Room : 2,500 Baht nett / room / night
- Family Room : 3,200 Baht nett / room / night
- Open: 3,500 Baht. Early Bird registration before September 30, 2018
(Late registration is 4,000 Baht)
*** Special Early Bird registration before April 30, 2018 : 3,000 Baht) ***
- Amateur: 2,500 Baht. Early Bird registration before September 30, 2018
(Late registration is 3,000 Baht)
*** Special Early Bird registration before April 30, 2018 : 2,000 Baht) ***
Please complete the registration form. The organizer will confirm your registration by e-mail (if you do not get a reply within a week, please send a reminder). Deadline for early bird registration is September 30, 2018. After this date the normal registration charge will apply, and registrations may be declined.
- Tournament results and pairings will be updated daily at www.chess-results.com
- Approximate exchange rate: US $1 = 32 Baht; €1 = 37 Baht; £1 = 40 Baht (Correct at time of publishing. Rates may vary.)
- Transfer from airport to the official hotel is available at US$ 20 per person. Players should notify the Organizer well in advance should they wish to use this service. There is a tour bus service from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Pattaya daily. From the bus terminal, players can hire a taxi to the Bay Beach Resort Hotel.