With three months to go for BCC Open, already over 100 players from 30 different countries have registered, including 21 Grandmasters
Seven-time World Chess Champion GM Anatoly Karpov and Richard A. Conn Jr., FIDE candidates for President and Deputy, dropped by briefly to Bangkok to meet TCA and BCC officials. Bangkok Chess Club wishes good luck for their election campaign, and is looking forward for “chessful” cooperation in the future.
More details on Karpov’s campaign can be found at www.karpov2010.org.
Atippat was the clear winner of TCA Prajuab Cup, 6-rounds Swiss, Fide-rated tournament, which was organized in the beautiful Bangkok Boulevard Club House. Atippat lost surprisingly in the first round, but won all the rest 5 games. He was followed by FM Boonsueb with 4.5 and Teerapong with 4 points. The 4th place was shared by Aung, Henry and Piyapon. Full results at thaibg.com. Thank you K.Ekasith for hosting this tournament!
1. Atippat Pornariyasombat 5
2. Boonsueb Saeheng 4.5
3. Teerapong Tovirat 4
4. Henry Calacday 3.5
5. Piyapon Wiwarin 3.5
6. Aung Kyaw Moe 3.5
7. Thotsaporn Thanatipanonda 3
8. Manolo Salamida 3
9. Pramote Somprasong 3
10. Poompong Wiwatanadate 3
11. Sawapop Tuamsang 3
12. Sant Pongkiettisak 3
13. Pricha Srivatanakul 2.5
14. Kannapon Srivachirawat 2.5
15. Sahapol Nakvanich 2
16. Sadtra Srisawad 2
17. Meechai Kaewfainok 2
18. Eric Calacday 2
19. Louis Kirk 1.5
20. Ekasith Buasroung 1.5
21. Permsak Punsuk 1
22. Yoothajak Wanichayachart 1
23. Wisuwat Therdkiattikulrt 0
DGT – available now in Thailand
DGT 2010, the official chess clock of the world chess federation FIDE, is available now in Thailand from our partner, PK Snowbird.
The DGT 2010 was introduced in 2007 and received the status of “Official FIDE chess clock” in June 2008 after tests by four top-level arbiters concluded that the clock is in full accordance with all FIDE rules and regulations.
10101 DGT 2010
The DGT 2010 is the successor of the DGT 2000, which was the best selling digital chess clock ever with over 250.000 clocks sold world wide. The new model 2010 is improved on many points.
- Larger display, with more information for player and arbiter e.g. visible timing system, black-white indicator and a big “flag”.
- New and improved lever system.
- Optional buzzer function.
- More timing options, including the latest timing systems used in top level tournaments.
- Easier to program in manual set with the new “-1” one-step-back button. See the video instruction.
- High energy efficiency. Runs more than five years on 2 AA alkaline batteries. Batteries included.
The DGT 2010 is suitable for use with many games e.g. it has Japanese and Canadian Byo-yomi settings for Go.
Contact PK Snowbird for more details.