Thinking Inside The Box Tour Of Asia
Jacob Aagaard is a Danish-born Scottish Grandmaster and FIDE Senior Trainer, winner of the 2007 British Championships and 2012 Scottish Championships. He represented both Denmark and Scotland in Olympiads, and was the Danish National Coach during 2012-2014.
He is also a chess author and co-owner of Quality Chess, a chess publishing house. Aagaard is the only chess writer in the world to win all four major Book of the Year awards: English Chess Federation (2010), ChessCafe.com (2001), Association of Chess Professionals (2013) and the Boleslavsky Medal from FIDE’s trainer committee (2012).
Chessbase has an informative article about the Tour here.
There will be two events during the 17th Bangkok Chess Club Open in Cha-am, both taking place in the Analysis Room:
- Sunday 9th April, 19:30-22:00 – Strategic Concepts in Chess – Fee 350 Baht advance / 450 Baht on the day
- Monday 10th April, 09:30-12:00 – Workshop – Fee 350 Baht advance / 450 Baht on the day
- Both sessions, Fee 580 Baht advance
If you would like to take part in either training session, please complete the form below. Space is limited.
Books by GM Jacob Aagaard
- Easy Guide to the Panov-Botvinnik Attack. Everyman Chess
- Easy Guide to the Sveshnikov Sicilian. Everyman Chess
- Dutch Stonewall. Everyman Chess
- Excelling at Chess. Everyman Chess
- Queen’s Indian Defence. Everyman Chess
- Meeting 1.d4. Everyman Chess
- Excelling at Positional Chess Everyman Chess
- Excelling at Chess Calculation. Everyman Chess
- Excelling at Combinational Play. Everyman Chess
- Excelling at Technical Chess. Everyman Chess
- Starting Out: The Grunfeld. Everyman Chess
- Inside the Chess Mind. Everyman Chess
- Practical Chess Defence. Quality Chess
- The Attacking Manual: Basic Principles. Quality Chess
- The Attacking Manual 2: Technique and Praxis. Quality Chess