- This is an individual tournament, open to all players with FIDE ID number. If you do not have FIDE ID, please contact your country’s Rating Officer.
- There are two groups of play: Open for players with a FIDE rating over 1600*, and Challenger for players rated below 2000 or unrated (ratings based on October 2022 FIDE rating list – national ratings will be validated by the organizer). When registering, players must indicate in which group they wish to play. *Players under 1600 can participate in the Open group on payment of a higher entry fee.
- FIDE (International Chess Federation) rules and regulations shall apply. Results will be sent for FIDE rating calculations and are eligible for FIDE title norms.
- Both groups will be played using a nine-round Swiss System. For the pairings, a Swiss Manager program will be used.
- The matches shall be conducted according to the schedule, which will be made known to the respective players before the start of the tournament.
- Each player is accorded with a time control of 90 minutes for 40 moves + 30min for the rest of the game. There is a 30-second increment per move, starting from the move one.
- Five minutes before the games start, the Chief Arbiter shall make the announcement accordingly. If any player is not present within an hour after the game is started, he shall lose by default.
- Players are not allowed to bring mobile phones or other electronic devices to the tournament hall. Any violation shall result in loss of game. Organizer will provide a deposit point outside the playing hall where, for a small fee, players can leave their electronic devices (at their own risk).
- Officials and players should be smartly attired at all times while in the playing hall.
- Tournament will follow all appropriate Thai health regulations concerning the wearing of face masks, social distancing, testing for infection or other regulations, valid at the tournament start. This will be announced before the tournament start.
- Players may elect to take a bye for one round, with a half point awarded (during rounds 2–7 only). The offical form must be completed before the end of the previous round.
- Any player unable to attend any round should inform the Arbiters’ desk in writing before the end of the previous round. Failure to do so may result in not being paired for subsequent rounds.
The total prize fund for the tournament will be decided after all entries have been received:
- Open Group: 1st prize (TBA), with additional prizes for 2-10 ranks, best ladies and seniors, 5 best players from the Thailand Chess Association;
- Challenger: 1st prize (TBA), with additional prizes for 2-5 ranks;
- Certificates for 3 Best Juniors in both categories;
- Please note: under Thai law, 5% tax is deducted from prize money. All prizes are in Thai baht.
|20th BCC Open 2022||Time||Activity|
|Saturday, October 22||12:00||Registration closed|
|“||13:00||Player list displayed|
|“||14:15||Welcome & announcements|
|Sunday, October 23||14:30||Round 2|
|Monday, October 24||14:30||Round 3|
|Tuesday, October 25||12:00||Round 4|
|Wednesday, October 26||12:00||Round 5|
|Thursday, October 27||14:30||Round 6|
|Friday, October 28||14:30||Round 7|
|Saturday, October 29||14:30||Round 8|
|Sunday, October 30||09:00||Round 9 (final round)|
|20th BCC Blitz 2022*||Time||Activity|
|Tuesday, October 25||16:00||Registration closed|
|Wednesday, October 26||19:00||Final (16 players)|
* Entry fee for the Open Blitz Tournament is 300 baht (GMs free). Maximum 112 players.
Prize fund = total entry fees for Open Blitz Tournament: 1st Prize 50%, 2nd 30% and 3rd 20%
- Chief Arbiter: IA Markku Kosonen (Finland)
- In the event of dispute the Chief Arbiter’s decision is final.
- The tournament will be held at the Shangri-La Hotel Chiang Mai.
- Address: 89/8 Chang Klan Road, Muang Chiang Mai 50100, Thailand
- Tel.: +66 53 253 888
- Web site: www.shangri-la.com/en/chiangmai/shangrila/
Players are required to budget for their own board and lodgings, as well as transportation needs. Special room rates have been negotiated at the Shangri-La Chiang Mai:
- Deluxe Room only, Single/Twin: 2,700 baht per night
- Deluxe Room & breakfast, Single: 3,000 baht per night
- Deluxe Room & breakfast, Twin: 3,300 baht per night
inclusive of service charge, VAT and complimentary in-room internet. Rates are nett/room/night
Reservations (click link to go directly to the Shangri-La’s reservation page):
All tournament fees must be paid before the start of the first round. Early Bird registration is available until September 22. Entry fees are non-refundable after October 1, 2022
- Challenger: Early Bird registration 3,000 baht (late registration 4,000 baht)
- Open: Early Bird registration 4,000 baht (late registration 5,000 baht)
- Open (under 1600): Early Bird registration 6,000 baht (late registration 7,000 baht)
Online payment form: Entry fees
Please complete the online registration form
A list of registered players will be published and regularly updated. Please check that your name has been included within 2 weeks of your registration. The deadline for early bird registration is September 22, 2022. After this date the normal registration charge will apply, and registrations may be declined.
Conditions for Titled Players
Tournament fees are waived for GMs, WGMs, IMs, WIMs and 2500+ rated players (according to the official FIDE April 2022 rating list).
15 GMs will be given complimentary accommodation (room & breakfast in twin sharing with another GM for 10 nights). Complimentary room reservation is confirmed after organizer has received:
- Registration via the online registration form
- deposit transfer of 3,000 baht (approx. 84 Euros. Deposits will be fully returned after check-in).
Please contact the organizer for inquiries via email .
- Tournament results and pairings will be updated daily at chess-results.com
- Approximate exchange rate: US $1 = 34 baht; €1 = 36 baht; £1 = 43 baht (rates vary, up-to-date exchange rates at www.superrich1965.com)
- Online registration form
- Entry fees
- Registered participants
- Room Reservation: Room only
- Room Reservation with Breakfast: Room with breakfast
- Entry requirements for Thailand ThaiEmbassy.com