Organized by Myanmar Chess Federation
Generously funded by Kasparov Chess Foundation Asia-Pacific
This event is organized by Myanmar Chess Federation under the auspices of the Myanmar National Olympic Council.
23rd November : Arrival of Players (After 1200 hour) : Technical Meeting – 2000 hour (Absent players shall not be paired for Round 1)
24th November : Opening Ceremony – 0900 hour : Round 1 – 0930 hour; Round 2 – 1600 hour
25th November : Round 3 – 0900 hour; Round 4 – 1530 hour
26th November : Round 5 – 0900 hour; Round 6 – 1530 hour
27th November : REST DAY
28th November : Round 7 – 0900 hour; Round 8 – 1530 hour
29th November : Round 9 – 0900 hour; Closing Ceremony – 1630 hour
30th November : Departure of Players (Before 1200 hour)
3. Time Control and Format
- 90 minutes for the whole game with 30 seconds increment for every move starting from the first move
- Zero-Start shall be applied
- Swiss System; FIDE-rated and titled; Swiss Manager shall be used for pairing
- Open: 1st US$ 3,000; 2nd US$ 1,600; 3rd US$ 1,400; 4th US$ 1,200; 5th US$ 1,000; 6th US$ 700; 7th US$ 500; 8th US$ 300; 9th to 12th US$ 200 each
- Best Myanmar Players: 1st US$ 700; 2nd US$ 500; 3rd US$ 300
- Best Women Player and Best Junior Players (U-18, U-14, U-10): US$ 100 each
- Players must have minimum score of 4 points to qualify for the prizes. Prize money shall be shared equally among the tied-players
5. Entry Fees
- Rated Players: Myanmar Chess Federation Members – US$ 60; Others – US$ 120
- Unrated Players: Myanmar Chess Federation Members – US$ 80; Others – US$ 160
- Entry fee is non-refundable. Entry Fees are waived for GMs, WGMs, IMs and WIMs.
- There will be a discount of 25% of entry fees for those who register on or before 30th September, 2014.
Registration form shall be completed and sent back to the organizer by email via firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th October, 2014.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: FIDE regulations do not allow us to accept any entries without an official FIDE ID number. The rating of this tournament depends on this rule and any player who wishes to participate must obtain his/her FIDE ID from their own federations.
- Extra charges of late entry fees (US$ 50) shall be applied to the players, who register from 16th October to 15th November, 2014
- No registration shall be accepted after 15th November, 2014
- 10 GMs who register first will be provided with free hotel room on twin sharing basic including breakfast
Souvenirs are to be distributed free for the participants by the organizer.
8. Playing Venue & Official Hotel
Central Hotel, Bogyoke Aung San Road, Yangon.
Tel: (95-1)241001to241020; Fax: (95-1)248003; Email: email@example.com
The hotel is located in the center of Yangon. There are many places of interest such as the landmark of Myanmar; Shwedagon Pagoda, Sule Pagoda, Bogyoke Aung San Market, Central Railway Station, Yangon Port, National Museum within the walking distance. More information can be found at www.myanmar.com.
Room rates (Inclusive of breakfast & Free Wi-Fi)
Superior – US$ 80; Deluxe – US$ 95; Junior Suite – US$ 120; Executive Suite – US$ 195
Reservation can be made directly to the hotel by fax or email.
There are a number of budget hotels within walking distance from the venue. They can be found at Agoda
Myanmar Chess Federation members shall pay their dues upon registration. Foreign players shall settle payment upon the arrival.
10. Entry Visa
This is necessary to have the entry visa before entering Myanmar. The players from foreign countries have to apply and get the entry visa from the nearest Myanmar Embassy in their countries. Information is available here.
11. The organizers have the right to reject any entry without giving reasons.