After the 3rd day and sixth exciting rounds of the 8th BCC FIDE Rated Chess Tournament, Thai junior chess player who went to Philippines to commpete and represent Thailand in CHESS Asian age group tournament was leading and needs only to draw his final round against 13 years Thai boy ( Suvich Tachaplalert; who is also performing very well) to win the championship trophy. Poompong Witanadate who landed 2nd place of last year 7th BCC Rating Tournament had 5 points out of possible 6 points with 4 wins and 2 draws. He is still unbeaten and looks so strong going to the final round.
Suvich Tacaplalert with his age of 13 is showing a real and great talent in chess. Among of the 8 participants in this round robin tournament, he was the only one who won over the two highest rated in this tournament. We still need to see on Friday if he can defeat the unbeaten player on this tournament.
The standings after 6th rounds
1. Poompong Witanadate 4 wins 2 draws 0 loses with a total points of 5
2. Thotsaporn 4 wins 1 draws 1 loses with a total points of 4.5
3. Michael Culasing 3 wins 1 draw 2 loses with a total of 3.5
4. Suvich Tachaplalert 3 wins 1 draw 2 loses with a total of 3.5
5. Eric Calacday 2 wins 1 draw 3 loses with a total of 2.5
6. Alex Klemm 2 wins 0 draw 4 loses with atotal of 2
7. Benoni Wabe 2 wins 0 draw 4 loses with a total of 2
8. Pricha 1 win 0 draw 5 loses with atotal of 1