The Thailand Chess Championship 2010 is being held at the St. Louis Hospital, Sathorn Road, from May 1-5.
The tournament will determine Thailand’s team for the Olympiad, and is open to Thai nationals and long-term residents.
- This is an individual tournament, open to all un-title players however if a player has any titles (GM, IM, FM, WGM WIM, WFM) must be Thai citizen or Thai resident
- FIDE (International Chess Federation) rules and regulations shall apply. Results will be sent for FIDE rating calculations.
- There are two groups of play: Open section and Woman section.
- Both groups will be played using the Swiss System, with 9 rounds for Open, and 5 rounds for Woman. For the pairings, a Swiss Manager program will be used.
- This tournament is qualify for National Team who must be Thai citizen only.
- Each player is accorded with a time control of 90 minutes plus 30 seconds per move.
- All mobile phones in the playing hall shall be switched off while games are in progress, any violation shall result in loss of game.
- For non Thai player can reward fifty percent of prize fund.
Prizes. 1st prize will be approx 20,000 Baht (approx. 400 Euros).base on 100 players. (Please note a 5% tax will be deducted from the prize money.) 16 prize winner.
Open & Woman: 500 Baht and 200 Baht for TCA member &Under 15. Late registration fee at site is 700 Baht.
|2 May||9:00||Round 3|
|3 May||9:00||Round 5|
|4 May||9:00||Round 7|
|5 May||9:00||Round 9|
One thought to “Thailand national championships”
Directions to the tournament venue please?
Comments are closed.