Assumption Association Open Chess Championships 2013
Assumption Association, Rama IV Road, Phra Khanong, Bangkok
4th – 5th May 2013
1. This is a 6-Round Swiss System FIDE rated tournament open to players of 19+ for the Open group and players according to specified age-groups. For any player to join the Open Category, he/she must be over 18 years old, with the exception of some wildcards. Likewise, players to join in each age-group must have reached the age as per such categories. Age is calculated by deducting the year of birth from 2013.
No entry fee shall be collected.
2. Age Groups:
- 1. 19+ (Open) [FIDE Rated].
- Boys: 8-12 years old.
- Boys: 14-18 years old.
- Girls: 8-12 years old.
- Girls: 14-18 years old.
- Senior/Parents: Parents or 50+ years old.
However, if there are not enough players in any age-group, then such age-group will be combined to nearest age-group accordingly.
3. Each player is accorded with a time control of 90 minutes plus 30 seconds per move.
4. Walkover time is 1 hour after the start of each round.
5. Results will be sent to FIDE for rating calculations for the Open group only.
6. Players must record the moves and hand over the score sheets to the Arbiters at the end of each round. In the case of draw, players with white shall hand deliver the score sheets to the arbiter’s desk.
7. No electronics equipment of any kind is allowed to be brought into the playing area. Players however may deposit their mobile phones/electronics equipment with the Arbiters at their own risks
8. Any player who misses any round of play will not be paired in the following rounds, and may be considered to have withdrawn from the tournament, unless he/she notifies the Chief Arbiter at least 1 hour before the start of the next round (s).
9. FIDE (World Chess Federation) rules and regulations shall apply.
10. In case of dispute, the Chief Arbiter’s decision is final.
11. The Organizer reserves the right to adjust the prize money and other prizes as well as other tournament regulations according to the circumstances and suitability.
Date and Venue
The tournament starts on 4th May 2013 at 8.30 hours onwards and ends on 6th May 2013 at around 20.00 hours. The venue is at Assumption Association, Rama IV Road, Phra Khanong, Bangkok. Map of the Association is herewith attached.
Saturday 4th May 2013 : 08.30 a.m. – 09.00 a.m. Registration – Opening Ceremony.
- Saturday 4th May 2013 : 09.30 a.m. Round 1.
- Saturday 4th May 2013 : 03.30 p.m. Round 2.
- Sunday 5th May 2013 : 09.00 a.m. Round 3.
- Sunday 5th May 2013 : 03.00 p.m. Round 4.
- Monday 6th May 2013 : 09.30 a.m. Round 5.
- Monday 6th May 2013 : 03.30 p.m. Round 6. (Final Round).
- Monday 6th May 2013 : 07.00 p.m. Closing Ceremony.
For Open Category:
- Winner Cash Prize Baht 3,500.00 plus trophy, medal, and certificate.
- 1st Runner Up Cash Prize Baht 3,000.00 plus medal and certificate.
- 2nd Runner Up Cash Prize Baht 2,500.00 plus medal and certificate.
For Each Age-Group Category:
- Winner Trophy, plus medal and certificate.
- 1st Runner Up Medal and certificate.
Chief Arbiter IA Panupand Vijjuprabha, Deputy Chief Arbiters FA Opas Woralaksiri, NA Sant Pongkiatisak.
Kindly send the application form to the Chief Arbiter and Organizer, IA Panupand Vijjuprabha, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 4th May 2013, or via fax at 02 235-7321. Alternatively, application form can also be faxed to Assumption Association at 02 390 -5417.
Enquiries can be made by phone at 085 998 4999, or 02 390 1062-3 (Assumption Association).