- Tournament regulations
- Tournament registration form
- Entry fees
- Registered participants
- Hotel room reservation: Room only
- Hotel room reservation with breakfast: Room with breakfast
- Hotel reservation by email to email@example.com and mention that you are playing in the chess tournament.
Dear Friends of Bangkok Chess Club,
We are excited to announce our long-awaited anniversary tournament – 20th Bangkok Chess Club Open – to be held between 22-30 October 2022 at the ‘northern capital of Thailand’ Chiang Mai, at the beautiful, 5-star Shangri-La Chiang Mai Hotel
Chiang Mai is a charming city – you could spend your whole vacation just exploring the famous city center, where the remains of ancient walls encircle over 30 temples, and if you are feeling more adventurous, the nearby mountains are also very beautiful.
Our 20th Anniversary tournament will see some small changes to our earlier format, so please read the tournament regulations carefully:
- Challenger tournament will be 9 rounds instead of 7 rounds previously;
- Open tournament is intended for over 1600 FIDE rating only, but lower or unrated players can join with a higher entry fee;
- Players can choose to take a one round bye with half point awarded (rounds 2-7 only).
It is great to see that travelling and over-the-board chess are slowly returning to normality. We will follow all health and travel related regulations from the Thai government and local Chiang Mai authorities. You can find updated Thailand entry regulations for foreign arrivals from ThaiEmbassy.com, or check the entry requirements from the website of the nearest Thai Embassy.
Please book the dates on your calendar!
See you soon in Thailand!
Tournament regulations | Tournament registration form | Entry fees | Registered participants